Sunday, August 19, 2012

This is about celebs on Twitter

I was opposed to Twitter when I first heard of it. Well, not so much opposed as I didn't understand why anyone would want to hear what I had to say unless I was some singer-actress-athlete-celebrity. But eventually I caved, mostly interested in what my friends had to say, and made a profile.

(Random thought: I wonder how many profiles I have floating around in cyberspace since my family first got internet in 2002?)

Of course, like most tweeters, I got hooked and rarely does a day go by that I don't check my TL.

But it wasn't until a few days ago that I realized how scary Twitter actually is.


It's not that I feel I'm too into my friends' (and my friends of friends') business. (Bellevue is a pretty small town so everyone's dirty laundry gets around regardless of social networking sites - though they do speed info along a bit faster.) But I do feel that Twitter thins the thick, pearly, diamond encrusted wall that separates celebrities from regular, normal people.

Some might think that's awesome, but I'm not liking it. It's not that I've never been curious as to what Kanye's activities are on Tuesday afternoons, I just don't want to know everything about celebs.

It ruins the whole fascination.

For example, think of your favorite band, musician, or other music artist. Not just your fave, but the one you respect. In your eyes they did the world a favor by sharing his/her/their gift with the world.

Now think about your favorite movie. Not just your fave, but the one you respect. In your eyes the world of cinema was forever changed once the director, cast, and crew came together.

That's a lot of admiration. So wouldn't it fade a bit when you found out that your favorite artist not only disliked that movie, but thought...

What's the big deal about #MOVIE 
he just ripped off #OTHERMOVIE
& shouldn't have gotten nominated for s***!

Do your eyeballs see the same now?

But that's my worst case scenario.

Other scenarios that would ruin the celeb aurora are the little details that reminds us that even the most talented person in the world takes out the trash, skips showers, and farts in public (and then blames it on other people).

I like the distance between celebs and "regular" people.

If anything, isn't that what makes them cooler? The distance? The mystery? Thus the rumors, jokes, parodies, etc?

#imjustsaying
This is,
MAB

3 comments:

  1. Lol olivia i love these, you are very right and I see your point exactly ..but I'm the type of fan where i want to know EVERYTHING. Lol especially about Beyonce. but we all know we will never see the dau when we know how often she takes a shower or what kind of car she drives :/ lol oh well! Love you Olivia!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! Yeah, I'm guilty of following Tyra Banks just because I want to read the overdramatic things she says. Like if she'll talk about running into that mountain again hhahahahaha! I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg I forgot about that !!! Haha I seriously laughed for 5 months straight over that ....without stopping. .Or breathing...

    ReplyDelete

Tell me somethin' good...or not. I just love Chaka Khan.